Sunday, May 12, 2013

Runaway Brides

 We were the Runaway Brides.

We placed 353rd out of 355.
But that just means we had a lot more time to make memories.
What's the fun in finishing in 22 hours, when you can do it in 35?

 I actually had some great runs and for some odd reason I ran faster than I ever had.
I averaged 8min/mile (which for most of you is slow, but for me that is bookin it).
My night run was my favorite.
You could see so many stars, it was so quiet, you could smell the fresh mulch and the ocean.
Ahhhhh!

 This was the wedding mobile.
The inside looked like a bomb of bird seed, glitter, and pink socks had gone off.

 Plymouth Rock was the most historical thing we ran past.

 My one major mistake was we went to exchange 30 instead of 24.
It cost us 45 minutes
and
the respect of Van 2.

But then they forgave us
 and we had an impromptu dance party.

This is my favorite story.
 Amy turned the back of our van into a tattoo parlor.
This picture doesn't even do her handy work justice.
Her husband made her son scrub off his tattoo before church on Sunday.
Amy got home at midnight Saturday night and walked into church the next day
all tatted up.

 And here is Van 1...200 miles later...happily ever after.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your guts Tara. Can't wait until next time.

PS I always read your blog through my blog reader. So I read ALL your posts. I am just horrible at commenting on any of them. Thanks for a great trip. I really can't wait until next year!