Sunday, January 20, 2013

No Place Like Home

Caleb and I went to Chicago last weekend.
It didn't look this green while we were there.
I'm just recycling a picture.
But I went to say good-bye to Hermanita Pickett

It was the most perfect weekend.
On Saturday, I went for a long run along Lake Michigan.
Then we ate lunch in the Hancock building.
We spent the afternoon shopping,
and finished the day up at the symphony.
Sunday was so wonderful.
We just spent time together as a family.

When I got home Monday morning, I had such a warm welcome.
Three kids cried in the car on the way home from the airport.
I wiped about 87,632,876,2345,987 green boogers.
The toilet over flowed.
I fed 6 hungry mouths...but it felt like 12.
Cleaned up lots of little "accidents".  This is Anna's 3rd attempt at potty training.
I intervened in about 8,734 little tiffs.
And that was all within 10 hours of getting home.

But seriously, there is no place like home.

No comments: