Sunday, December 2, 2012

Date Night

Every year our stake does a Messiah Sing-Along.  I guess you can just easily throw a Messiah Sing-Along together when one of the top music schools in the US lies within your stake boundaries.  It is truly amazing.  The musicians and soloist don't even practice.  They just get together the night of the sing-along and play/sing Handel's Messiah.  Such talent I do not have, but I'm grateful they do.

The fun part about it is the audience gets to sing the chorus parts.  Christian and I usually will go to a performance of The Messiah each Christmas season, and it is about all I can do to not sing the Hallelujah chorus when they perform it.  But this time I got to sing it.  I love date night!

1 comment:

Tasha L. said...

I love the Messiah as well, and sing-ins are the best way to enjoy it! Sounds like a great date!