Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Spotlight's On Daniel

Daniel got a new set of wheels this weekend...pegs and wheels.

General Conference is a week away. To get our kids excited about it, we put together a little goodie basket full of treats, crafts, and other reverent things to keep their little hands busy for eight hours. I set the goodie basket on the piano the week prior to General Conference. The basket of goodies and fun things just sits there and teases them all week driving them crazy with anticipation.

Well, two days ago, Daniel couldn't take the anticipation any longer. After begging me to let him open the dinosaur egg making kit about 876345087623049587234587 times, he took matters into his own hands and said,

"Mom, should we pray for General Conference to come sooner?"

to which I replied,

"We can't change the date of conference, but we could pray for the time to pass quickly."

Then....silence.

A couple minutes later Daniel goes upstairs. Still silence.

He comes back downstairs and sits next to me on the couch. He is quiet for a while...but then he can't contain his excitement any longer and bursts out with,

"Mom! Conference is going to come sooner!"

I think my heart melted right there.

A few minutes later, Daniel totally side swiped James and pegged him down. This led to a brotherly wrestle and giggle. Then me heart melted one more time.