Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bringing It Back

Sometimes Christian and I reflect on our pasts and share stories of when we were teenagers. We mostly feel the retarded tingles when we have these conversations as I'm sure all of you have experienced reminiscing times past.

One day Christian was trying to convince me of how "cool" he was in high school. He was the proud owner of some bright orange Converse high tops, he had racing stripes buzzed on the sides of his hair, he pegged his pants, he still knows all the lyrics to "Ice Ice Baby", and he owned TWO hyper-color t-shirts.

I drew the line at the hypercolor t-shirts. I'm sorry, but those just are not cool. Allow me to explain why
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


See?!?!?!?!?!?

Now you are all probably wondering how does he still have a hyper-color shirt? Some good friends of ours got in on this conversation and decided to gift him one. I don't know how good of friends they are now, because both my boys think the shirt is cool and now they want one.

I'm afraid I have lost the battle. But I had to post this...just for the record. Because when my kids grow up and tell stories about their hyper-color shirts that give them retarded tingles, they will know that Mom was right.

4 comments:

ChristianH said...

I think if it was cool enough for Vanilla Ice (aka "Cool as Ice") then it was cool enough for me.

Yo, let's get out of here. Word to your mother.

Amanda said...

Is it sad that I've never heard of hypercolor t-shirts?! I had to ask Paul... he said he owned two as well and wishes he still had them. I'm with you though Tara. It seems like the wrong places could change color. Must be a boy thing. :)

Tasha L. said...

Christian was the king of cool. :)

Here's my tingly claim to fame - I owned a Vanilla Ice audio cassette!

Even if Christian knows all the lyrics to "Ice, Ice, Baby", he certainly better not know many other lyrics from Vanilla Ice. I bought the tape before reading the lyrics, and well, the cassette made its way into the trash.

I never owned a hypercolor tee-shirt though. I can't remember ever wanting one. Sorry Chrisch, can't stick up for you there.

If he really wants to prove his coolness, he has a great picture of him bringing in wood for my parent's fire place that he could share.

Jenelle said...

Sad to say - I remember ALL those things from middle school and high school days! I can't believe someone found a hypercolor T-shirt still in existence! I remember thinking the same thing about them - it only amplified embarrassing situations a person of that age is trying desperately to avoid.