Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference Weekend

It was General Conference weekend. I love General Conference weekend! Let me explain why.

It starts with a sparkling house.
I always deep clean my house right before conference.
I'm talking like rolled up sleeves, hands and knees, several hours clean.
I'm not messin' around.
This time was no different.
And then I buy fresh flowers...just for the added sparkle.

I also decorated for fall and planned some good meals for the weekend.



Yum!



Here is our basket of treats, crafts, and other church related activities.
Eight hours of talks is no walk in the park with young kids.
We even made sure the kids worked and ran around beforehand.

I loved President Uchtdorf's talk on simple living.
I also loved Elder Christofferson's talk on living a consecrated life.
I think I really liked Elder Scott's talk,

but, everyone started to get a little restless and loud around here.
So Christian mummified them.

I'm just glad all the talks are available to read again later.

And Anna got a new hair accessory.

What a great weekend.

3 comments:

bh said...

How do you get all of that preparation done? Everything looked so nice. We sure enjoyed conference weekend too.

Mom Hahn

BunchesofBradys said...

She is so beautiful!!! I'm so sad I'm not there to hold that cute Anna. She'll look just like you i'm sure!

chadnsyd said...

Tara, you are AMAZING! Can you teach me how to be like you please??? I love your decorating skills and your cleaning skills, you are the best. How did you ever live with me? I've actually come a LONG way, you'd be proud at my cleanliness skills. But I still have a way to go. What a fun conference weekend. We did our "Saturday chores" on friday night before conference, which was really fun, to wake up to clean on Saturday AM, so then we went fishing and caught three fish and a turtle. Conference was amazing huh? And I totally agree, it is great to be able to reread the messages. What a beautiful little girl you have, I can't wait to meet her. LOVE YOU!