Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Roll Out The Red Carpet

Dear James,

Happy Birthday little bug!

Mother nature gave you the best birthday present ever...850 weather...so we did what any other sun starved people would do...spent the day at the beach.



After we got home, I plopped you and your brother in the tub. After throwing all the sandy gear in the washing machine, I walked back up the stairs to where you were, only to find I was climbing up a waterfall. You had dumped gallons of water out of the tub. So much water that it was running down the stairs and leaking through the ceiling on the first floor.

I was a little upset. I pulled you out of the tub and dressed you. As I was putting on your shirt, you kept saying

"Shirt, shirt, shirt!"

But you aren't so good at pronouncing the "r's". And then I had to laugh because secretly I wanted to say the same thing.


Today while we were driving home from the beach, you fell asleep. You had drool dripping from your chin to your car seat shoulder strap. Daniel was rattling off a story about you and him in a train, and I sat there enjoying the moment. I wish I could bottle this time up and put it on the shelf to open later. I love that you are my little boy. I love to tickle you. I love to play hide-and-seek with you. I love your sunshine. I love that you need me. I need you.

I hope all your birthday wishes come true.


love,

Mom

6 comments:

beadify said...

Love it! Sounds like something my kids would do, but luckily we don't have any stairs....But if we did, and they became a waterfall, I believe I might secretly swear in my head too! :)

Danny and Laura said...

LOL! Aren't kids the greatest. You can love them and hate them at the same time. I love the cupcakes!

Ahren said...

Happy Birthday James! He's such a cutie pie! Your cupcakes look fabulous.

Yorgasons said...

I love this post!! Priceless!! Happy Birthday JAMES!!

Bob L. said...

Happy Birthday James! We all love you.
The cupcakes are adorable!
Well, Christian & Tara, now you've had a flood in the basement, and upstairs. We'll hope that your experiences with floods are over for good.
The beach looks so fun! Most of our snow is melted here...we are ready for spring!
Tasha

Tim said...

Not to take away the moment from James, but I believe there was some influence from an older brother in the flooding incident! Daniel learned the powers of older sibling persuasion from the best! I am Tara's little brother and it sounds like Tara kicked herself in the "Shirt".