Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Love Letter

Dear SEARS,

At first I had no interest in you. My reason for not loving you is shallow...I know. But lets be honest, on the looks side, I have seen better. I was a little embarrassed to walk through the mall carrying a bag with your name on it. You know, it is kind of like being seen holding hands with the nerdy boy.

Alas, I have matured. Now I proudly carry your bag through the mall. I confess my love for you to the world. There is no shallowness to your loyalty.

In fact, you are so loyal, at times I feel as though I am taking advantage of you. Should I be confessing this to you?

Please stay the way you are. Don't change because of peer pressure. I love you just the way you are. I mean who else would allow me to exchange this...

bought May '09

and this...
bought April '09

for a brand new pair of shoes and jeans just because my child wore through them before they grew out of them?

So please do not fire the single (as in not married and childless) executive who came up with your kidvantage warranty program. They would be too naive to survive in the world anyways if they came up with this program.

love,

a mom

ps-I love SEARS, but I think shopping affairs are ok, so any other mom who washes clothes that look like the pictures above should check out the warranty offered on their kids clothes. There is enough love to go around.

1 comment:

Nuttall said...

Sears had the same policy when my children were little. ( 30 years ago.) One year, Ethan went through three pairs of shoes. Denise