Monday, August 24, 2009

The Desert Summer

Alas our desert vacation is drawing to a close. These cowboys are saddling up their horses and packs and riding off. Ok, so we are really going to pack our suitcases and get on a plane, but riding off into the sunrise sounds like a better ending to our desert summer stay.

This guy is already at home.
I miss him.
I can't wait to see him again.
He is guarding the castle.
I really like this picture of him.
I looked at it every night before bed while we were apart.










Boston here we come.
We've missed you, but not your rain.
Maybe you could be more like the desert...every-once-in-a-while.
My skin has missed your rich humidity.
Every time I put on lotion, I feel like my skin drinks it up like a thirsty camel.

4 comments:

chadnsyd said...

You got to see APRIL?!?!

Aubrey said...

I should have paid better attention to your blog that you were in town for a while. It would have been fun to see you. I'm actually coming to Boston but only for a day. It would be fun to meet up for lunch or something.

Ahren said...

This is really a great post. The picture of Daniel sliding down the water slide is so cool. We enjoyed seeing you all in UT.

April said...

Hot DANG, we are cute! It was so fun to see you and to meet your two cute little boys! Come back soon!