Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Great Friday

Yesterday turned out to be a great family day. We drove up to DC and I got to go do some work in the LDS Temple while Christian and Daniel went to the National Zoo which is just down the street.

After Daniel and Christian picked me up from the temple, we ate our picnic lunch in the car while Daniel told me all about the elephant taking a bath and how he got to touch a piece of dried out elephant dung. As I handed a piece of peanut butter sandwich back to Daniel, which he grabbed with his hand and stuck in his mouth (fingers included), I asked Christian if he had washed his hands...to which he gave a blank stare. Oh well!

Christian had an area meeting for work in the afternoon so Daniel and I went on a walking adventure. That evening, we went to NI's Christmas Party. We had such a great time talking with all the other NI people (maybe it is the Austin connection, but they almost feel like family). We had a fun dinner at Dave and Busters and afterwards a little friendly video game competition was organized. DDR is much much more difficult than I thought, but Christian did great at skee ball and shooting hoops (surprisingly). Overall, it was a great day!

1 comment:

April said...

LOVE IT! I think Daniel is adorable! I can't wait to see you guys!