Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

It doesn't get much better than watching this...

Your kids discover produce in the garden, pick it, and eat it right there.
The garden reminds them of water.
So they turn on the sprinkler.
They are too excited to take the time to change into their swim suit so they run through the water in their 3rd outfit of the day.
As they are laughing in the water, they get distracted from the splash of sprinkler by a butterfly that flew past.
They chase the butterfly all over the yard and catch it.
They smile proudly as they show me the butterfly they caught, then start chasing it again as it gets away.
And as they chase the butterfly, they run past the sprinkler, which reminds them it is really fun to let it splash in your face.
So they forget the butterfly and go back to the sprinkler...in their face.

That is what I watched out my back window as I cleaned up dinner tonight.

It doesn't get much better than this.

2 comments:

Gaylene and Emil said...

Great posts and pictures! That little Caleb is too cute for words. I couldn't stop laughing at the "Emergency" picture..oh, dear, I hope that picture doesn't go viral!!

Ahren said...

I love those kind of moments!