Sunday, September 19, 2010

Half a Decade

Dear Daniel,

I think your eyes sparkle with life. You've helped me rediscover the sparkle of life. I remember when you first felt the wind. It took your breath away, but then, you smiled. Now you use the wind to fly kites.

On a cold morning about five years ago, I wrapped you up in a warm blanket. You fell asleep with the sunlight warming you through the window. Now you lay on pavement warmed by the sun after swimming in the cool pool and the sunlight makes your curls shine.



Now you are five. Sometimes I wish I could stop time, but then I think of all the other adventures you will take me on and the beauties of life you will teach me and I want to live forever with your enthusiasm.



Thanks for making me a mom. Thanks for your patience as I learn to be a mom. I love you little bug. I hope all your wishes and dreams come true. Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Ahren said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a great day! (Alia wanted me to add LOTS of exclamation points.)

Wilmette Stake said...

What a beautiful commentary to write to your son. What an inspiring vision for me to read. Mom

Tasha L. said...

Daniel,
Happy Birthday. We all love you!
The Lamoreaux Family